Primary Control Kinea Direct Drive Turntable
For many years the direct drive turntable technology has been highly underestimated, mainly due to a a flood of cheap direct drive turntable onto the market in the seventies and eighties. The Primary Control Kinea turntable brings back to the market, low torque direct drive technology and lifts it to new heights.
- Coreless Direct Drive Turntable with low torque brushless air core motor to minimise the magnetically motor cogging effect.
- Start up routine for 5 seconds with high torque.
- Standby with low torque.
- Electronic regulation allowing variable torque settings.
- 360mm (14.17″) diameter platter mass with loaded perimeter for increased flywheel effect.
- Internal construction is of a five layer compound material.
- The armboard facilitates use of 9.5 to 13 inch tonearms.
- 78 rpm is available on request.
- Dimensions and weight: 600mm x 480mm, 35 Kg.
The Primary Control Kinea Turntable challenges the perception of time and timelessness rather than focusing on fashion or zeitgeist. From inception it is distinctive, developing the blue print from the classical turntable design of our youth. The 360mm diameter oversized platter is reminiscent of early studio and broadcasting transcription turntables but transformed into a modern style.
Dimensions and weight: 600mm x 480mm, 35 Kg
Arm mounting distance due to larger than normal platter: 224mm +
It is possible to mount some longer 9″ arms or 10″ or 12″
Please check if you wish to mount your own arm.